The internet has been a very useful tool for all persons in today’s society. One of the things it has promoted is the buying and selling of goods and services online.
Today, most people enjoy the thrill of buying goods like, clothes, shoes, bags, rice cookers, and fridges, among others online without having to step foot in the physical market.
Though it is a good thing to have the items that you bought from a shop online delivered to you at the comfort of your home, as a buyer, Sometimes, visiting these online shops and just scrolling through could be problematic as you can easily be attracted to buy something which you did not intend to buy, hence impulse buying.
There is therefore the need to put a pause on these online marketplaces or do away with some of these accounts.
And as a seller you may need to change where you do your business, maybe you want to sell on Instagram or Pinterest to keep up with trends and fashion.
Poshmark is one of these online marketplaces and that is why today I have taken it upon myself to teach you how to delete a Poshmark account.
Poshmark is an e-commerce marketplace where its users are able to buy and sell either new, used, or vintage clothing and accessories from various shapes and individuals.
That is, Poshmark is an online marketplace for selling clothing, designs, and jewelry where you can connect with anyone who owns a style or created their designs.
You must take note that, before you start the process of deleting your Poshmark account, there are certain things you must do. These include;
- You must do away with any pending transactions
- You must also do away with any redeemable balances
- Clear all sold items
- Cash-out any income available
This is because, according to Poshmark, your deletions process will fail if there are any pending transactions or redeemable balances. So make sure all items you have sold have been ‘cleared’ and also cash out any income you have made before starting the process of deleting the account.
Note that uninstalling the Poshmark app from your device will not delete your account. it will only delete the app but the account will still be active.
Now I will take you through the steps involved in deleting your Poshmark account both on the app and through the web
How do I delete my Poshmark account using the mobile app
You can use these steps to delete your Poshmark account through the app by using either an android phone or an iphone(IOS).
- Open the Poshmark app on your device
- Then click on ‘account’ at the bottom right corner of your device
- Scroll down the menu list and select Poshmark Support Center.
- Next, select “Manage Account Status.”
- Select “Delete My Account.”
- At this point, a pop-up window will appear asking you for a verification code sent to your email address or phone number. Enter it and then select “Submit.”
- Next, you will be asked to delete the reason for deleting your account, so Using the dropdown menu that appears, select the reason you are deleting your Poshmark account.
- Then, select “Delete My Account.”
- a pop-up appears on your screen, select “Yes.” if you are really sure you want to delete your Poshmark account.
- Finally, your Poshmark account will be deleted.
How to delete my Poshmark account using the web
You can also delete your Poshmark account using your computer. Just follow the steps below;
- On your computer, launch your preferred web browser and go to Poshmark’s Delete User webpage
- Sign in to get access to your Poshmark account
- from the dropdown menu that appears, select a reason you are deleting your account, and then select “Delete My Account.”
- You get a pop-up, and if you are still sure you want to delete your Poshmark account, then select ‘yes’
- Then, select ‘logout’, and your account will finally be deleted
The delete comment option is not available, for the buyers to delete their or buyer’s comments from the Poshmark posts. All one can do is report and ask the customer support team to delete the comment.
What happens if I delete my Poshmark account?
If you decide to delete your Poshmark account, you must know that all the data you have on your account will be deleted. This includes your profile picture, your username, any items that you have listed for sale or given away on Poshmark, and any messages that you have sent.
Is it possible to block a user on Poshmark?
Buyers can block a user from the Poshmark account. On blocking, users won’t be able to like, comment, or view your posts or closet. They can’t even share with others or make an offer for your listings thereafter.
Why can’t I delete my Poshmark account?
If you’re trying to get rid of your account because you don’t like the app or are having problems with it, then you’ll need to email Poshmark support.
Can I buy on Poshmark without an account?
No, Poshmark has been designed in such a way that you cannot buy on Poshmark without an account.
Can I pause my Poshmark account?
Yes, If you want to pause your Poshmark account, you only need to
- go to the “Settings” tab on the website.
- From there, you can click on the “Pause Account” button.
Can I have two accounts on Poshmark?
Yes, you can have as many accounts as you want on Poshmark. You can also delete your account if you want to.
How do I delete a sold item on Poshmark?
you can delete sold items on Poshmark by doing this;
- Click on the “Sold Items” tab and then select the item to be deleted.
- You will see a blue button with an X in the top right corner of the listing.
- Clicking on this and the item will be removed from your account and it will no longer show up in your “sold items” tab.