WiFi Calling is the ability to make and receive calls through a wifi connection, this means with wifi calling you may be able to call and text even without network coverage. With EE, subscribers can call others using only wifi connection even without network coverage. This is very useful when you are in a place where there is no network coverage but needs to make a call.
EE WiFi calling is for anyone who comes with a mobile device that supports WiFi calling. Talking of devices that support, almost all the latest smartphones that are being produced these days support WiFi video calling.
How to Activate on EE WiFi Calling
You can easily set up your WiFi calling feature on your phone, all that you need to do is to just turn on the WiFi calling feature in your mobile device under the network settings. The problem is, the WiFi Calling option differs from device to device but is very similar.
You can follow the steps below to turn on or off WiFi Calling on your EE phone.
- Connect your phone to a WiFi network.
- Tap on the Apps button to display all the apps on your devices.
- Choose Settings.
- From the Settings menu, scroll down and choose more under Wireless & Networks section.
- Choose Mobile Networks.
- At the bottom, you will see WiFi Calling, tap on it.
- You can enable or disable the WiFi Calling option by switching on or off the toggle respectively.
How to Set Up EE WiFi Box
If you have bought a new EE WiFi box and are looking for a way to set it up, then these are the steps you will follow to set up your EE WiFi Box.
- Make sure you have everything in the box.
- The first thing you need to do is to insert your SIM in the phone.
- Then turn your WiFi Box on and check whether your indicators are working.
- Now on your computer, connect to your WiFi box using the default password that is normally written at the back of the wifi box if asked.
- You have a subscribed data package, you can successfully connect to the internet.
How to Change EE WiFi Password
If you want to change your default password to something different or want to change your current one because it is too known to others, then you can follow the steps below to do so.
- At the back of your wifi box, you will see an IP address that will let you access the web admin interface of the WiFi box. The IP address is normally in the form 192.168.1.1.
- Make sure you are connected to your WiFi Box with your computer.
- Enter the IP in the address bar of a browser installed on your computer.
- Since you are connected to the WiFi Box the web admin interface will be opened.
- You will be asked to login. Enter your username and password, mostly this code is unique to each user and it is located at the underside of the device where you saw the IP. Many WiFi boxes also have a default username as admin and password also as admin.
- After you have logged in, you see the detailed information of your WiFi box.
- Click on BASIC located at the top and Wireless Settings which is at the left corner of the page.
- At the bottom of the page, you will have Wireless Password, you can clear the current password and enter a new one.
- Finally click on the SAVE button at the bottom of the page.
- You can also log out if you want to log out from the admin web app.
How to Connect to EE WiFi
It is very easy to connect to an EE WiFi, all that you need to do is to take note of your WiFi or wireless password and your device’s WiFi name.
After that, on your computer, tablet, or smartphone, turn on WiFi to be able to receive the WiFi signal.
From the list of devices that will appear under the WiFi list, choose your device and click on connect.
You will be asked to enter a WiFi password, enter the WiFi/wireless password of your WiFi Bright Box.